Friday, July 8, 2011

Addendum to previous post...

Just thought I'd add something else... Yes, this week at the children's hospital has been challenging and even heartbreaking at times.  I would like to say, however, that it has only amplified my passion for kids with life-threatening diseases and confirmed that this is indeed where my heart is.  After this week I know that if I can walk into a room as a doctor/PA/(insert other medical professional here) and make a child's life better for even just a few minutes or give some hope to frightened parents, I will be one happy camper.  Those times when I was able to get some giggles, smiles, and hugs from kids who were suffering were the times that I felt I thrived this week.  Just didn't want the past 2 posts to make it sound like this week was all sad or that it changed my mind about working with chronically ill kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment